Vacation's Where I Wanna Be
Top 5 Signs You Need a Vacation:
1. You find your mind wandering and thinking of reasons you need/deserve a vacation.
2. You have to grit your teeth to keep from screaming.
3. Every time a coworker says "hello" and smiles, you quickly attempt to determine their hidden agenda and when they release it, no matter how nicely, you want to throw your stapler at them.
4. You have thought about posioning, choking, punching, slapping or flattening the tires of someone you work with.
5. You would literally rather be anywhere than at work.
Top 5 Reasons I'm Excited for the Drive to St. Louis:
1. Complete and absolute solitude for 8-10 hours.
2. Singing showtunes at the top of my lungs until my throat hurts and my voice cracks.
3. Eating a bunch of greasy, fatty food intermittently for 10 hours and not feeling a minute of remorse.
4. Laughing at billboards, other drivers, other strange little life quirks along the way.
5. Finding new and interesting ways to keep myself awake.
Top 5 Reasons I'm Excited to Get to St. Louis:
1. Drinks on the back porch.
2. Laughing, laughing, laughing until it hurts.
3. That feeling of coming home again while being the out-of-towner (read: drama exempt).
4. Sitting on the hood of the car eating Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. Blueberry marshmallow concrete. Large. If only you knew.
5. Friends. Since FOREVER.
Departure in T-minus 18 hours and counting.