Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hey Baby

My coworker's long awaited baby arrived for show and tell today...he was born only about a week and half ago at the size of a one month old (9 pounds, 9 ounces, 21 inches). She said that the doctor saw the head and said that it wouldn't come out on its own, so they had to get the vacuum and suck him out of there. No joke.

I haven't interacted with many babies, but I got to hold Levi today until I thought my arms might fall off from the weight. Even for a big boy, he has the tiniest ears and nose and mouth, tiny hands and tiny feet, and takes tiny breaths that you can feel against your chest. He smells like...baby. But in this totally amazing, good way that I can still smell on my sweater.

It's miraculous to me that there's a person here now. He made it. And he's beautiful.

No comments: