Thursday, February 15, 2007

Not a dog hair to be found...

I'll say this for Pane Vino Dolce...they like to keep your wine glass full. Dinner was good - fancy italian cheese wrapped in arugula and drenched in truffle oil; duck glazed with pomegranate juice; pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and an apple reduction; did I mention the wine? I'm always amazed at fancy restaurants how much money you can spend on so little food. We mused on the way to the car to go find more wine and some truffles for dessert that if your bill comes to almost as much as your rent, you'd expect everyone to leave the table stuffed with food. As it was, I think the portions of food, though clearly adequate generally speaking, were not sufficient to balance the quantity of wine consumed. Not that it's anyone's fault but my own. Today I feel like dirt. Exhausted, dehydrated, nauseated, constipated dirt. Blech.

No comments: